ShoutMix chat widget

Thursday 14 July 2011

[Interview@Soompi] David Oh’s Journey to K-Pop Stardom

Hi Guys
News and interview with David Oh on Soompi.


[Exclusive] MBC "Star Audition" David Oh’s Journey to K-Pop Stardom

by: thunderstix on Jul 12, 2011

[Exclusive] MBC "Star Audition" David Oh’s Journey to K-Pop Stardom

Imagine waking up one day only to find out that you are one of the most promising young stars in K-Pop. Perhaps, that's the best way to describe San Francisco-native David Oh's venture into K-Pop stardom. With only about 10 band performances under belt during his brief amateur career, David Oh decided to embark on a journey that at the time no one else had gone on—applying to the MBC “Star Audition.”
“When I first found out about the ‘Star Audition,’ I didn’t know if I wanted to do it because I didn’t feel like I was ready,” David Oh said of his first encounter with Star Audition’s recruitment process. “But then my dad found out and told me, ‘You should try it. You got nothing to lose.’”
Motivated by his father’s little piece of encouragement, the 20-year old college freshman took the chance and made a decision that later turned out to be, what he describes as, “a life-changing experience.” “I thought the ‘Star Audition’ was kind of like a life-changer for me. I always wanted to be a singer in Korea but I really didn’t have opportunities that much until this came up. So I took the opportunity and it turned out to be like this now.”
Once he made it past the first round in LA, David Oh step by step made paced through the preliminary rounds in the U.S. Although he faced a lot of uncertainties and was clueless to what the end of this journey would shape out to be, David Oh kept fighting to achieve his life-long dream of one day singing in Korea. “I kind of had to give up everything to come here and do this. I don’t know why but I always felt this tie to Korea and wanted to perform here. If this is really your dream, and if you really want to become a singer in Korea, you should definitely try out for the ‘Star Audition.’”
Read more interview+ pictures here: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | fantastic sams coupons